Airbox Convertible Upgrade 2 CA LE
With the AirBox Convertible Upgrade 2 CA LE you will be able to work with the following printhead cartridges:
EUROPE, AFRICA, OCEANIA:
PG37, PG40, PG50, PG510, PG512, CL38, CL41, CL51, CL52, CL511, CL513
NORTH AMERICA, LATIN AMERICA:
PG37, PG40, PG50, PG210, PG210XL, CL38, CL41, CL51, CL52, CL211, CL211XL
MIDDLE EAST, ASIA:
PG37, PG40, PG50, PG810, PG810XL, CL38, CL41, CL51, CL52, CL811, CL811XL
Lexmark (all regions):
LE1HC, LE15, LE15A, LE29, LE29A, LE33, LE35, LE31, LE37, LE37A, LE37XL, LE37XLA, LE24, LE24A, LE40, LE41, LE14, LE14A, LE23, LE23A, LE28, LE28A, LE32, LE34, LE36, LE36A, LE36XL, LE36XLA, LE42
How to use the AirBox Convertible
What you need in addition:
- a pump
- refilled printhead cartridges
- a lintless cloth
- The upgrade for 2 CA LE has to be assembled into the AirBox Basis Part.
- On the back side of the upgrade you can see 4 holes (2 at the upper edge and 2 at the lower edge) for fixing the upgrade on the 4 center screws of the AirBox Basis Part.
- Hold the upgrade that way in which you are able to read the markings and press it down carefully between the valve banks of the Basis Part.
- Take care that the Upgrade is centered on the 4 screws of the Basis Part.
- Now mount the included tubes in the correct order:
- thick PU tube
- tube connector
- thin PU tube
- tube connector
- silicone tube with yellow tube reduction
- Luer-Lock tube connector
- Connect the PU tube with your pump.
- Combine the white Luer-Lock connector with the valve bank you decided to work with.
- Make yourself familiar with the arrangement of valve banks and the numbers leading to the seperate channels of the upgrade.
- Valve No. I opens channel no. I, valve no. II opens channel no. II and so on.
- Switch on the pump.
- Every valve has 3 levers. If the valve is open the mid-lever points to the connected tube. If the valve is closed the mid-lever points at the opposite direction or upwards.
- Insert the selected cartridge into the upgrade's notch - printhead facing up. The cartridge's ventilation holes fit exactly on the air channels of the upgrade.
- Please start with the darkest ink. Process the lightest color at last!
- Open slowly the desired channel and keep the lintless cloth at hand.
- Press the cartridge into the upgrade's rubber slightly with one finger.
- Tap slightly onto the number near the opened valve to control the air flow to the ink chamber.
- When ink is coming out of the printhead wipe it off carefully with the lintless cloth.
- Please wipe only from back to front - just like the direction the nozzles are arranged in the printhead.
- Process this until you can see a constant ink flow without breaks.
- If the result is satisfying interrupt the air flow to the ink chamber by closing the valve.
- After that you can process the other ink chambers of the cartridge.
- Make a testprint.
- If the printout is perfect you have removed all bubbles.
- If the printout is streaky, start at the beginning. You only have to process the colors which cause the white lines in your testprint.